I want a recipe for the moistest chocolate cake with homemade frosting, don’t like canned frosting.? So I made Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe with sour cream frosting .
Ingredients for moist chocolate cake recipe:
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1-1/2 cups milk
Chocolate-Sour Cream Frosting (see recipe below)
Directions for moist chocolate cake recipe:
1. Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease bottoms of two 8 inch square or 9 inch round cake pans. Line bottom of pans with waxed paper. Grease and lightly flour waxed paper and sides of pans. Or grease one 9 inch baking pan. Set pan(s)aside.
2. In a mixing bowl stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder; and salt; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until well combined (3 to 4 minutes). Scrape sides of bowl;continue beating on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time,beating after each addition (about 1 minute total). Beat in vanilla.
4. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to beaten mixture, beating on low speed just until combined after each addition. Beat on medium to high speed for 20 seconds more. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan(s).
5. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes for 8-inch pans and the 9 inch pan, 30 to 35 minutes for 9 inch pans, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake layers in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Peel off waxed paper. Cool thoroughly on wire racks.Or place 9 inch cake in pan on a wire rack; cool thoroughly.
Chocolate sour cream frosting for moist chocolate cake:
In a large saucepan melt 1 12-ounce package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup butter over low heat, stirring frequently.
Cool for 5 minutes.
Stir in 1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream. Gradually add 4-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar (about 1 pound), beating with an electric mixer until smooth.
This frosts tops and sides of two or three 8- or 9-inch cake layers. Now frost the cake with chocolate sour cream frosting and top of it your desired frosting if you want to add. Now Cover and store frosted cake in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
Make 12 to 13 servings and enjoy Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe afterwards! You will need to gather together.
Nutrition facts per serving:
total fat: 34g
saturated fat: 17g
vitamin C: 0%
Be sure to check out Free Cake Recipe for other types of Moist Chocolate Cake Recipes.